SBD Sealed Belt Drive
Sealed Belt driven units, offered in standard and clean room configurations, come in three basic sizes, plus the addition of a New "High Stiffness" version, providing a higher level of performance in terms of load capacity and life than other comparable sized systems. At the heart of the units are HepcoMotion's high capacity LBG recirculating ball guides providing improved moment load capacity and longer life in high duty cycle applications. Sealing is provided by a very effective stainless steel band running along the length of the beam and kept in contact by a magnetic strip. This arrangement will prevent the ingress of dirt and debris.
The clean room version has a slightly modified sealing arrangement and with pre tapped vacuum connection holes is certified to EN ISO 14664-1. In order to cope with the extra high duty expected of these units, generously sized polyurethane steel reinforced belts are used in both sizes. Servo or AC motors can be easily fitted using the range of coupling methods on offer, making the SBD an easy product to incorporate into your machine design requirements.
- Three sizes, compact in construction SBD15-60, SBD20-80 and SBD30-100, 80 and 100 relate to the width of the beam.
- New SBD30-100XL "High Stiffnes" version, benificial in systems with high loads and wide spans. Stiffness of the SBD30-100XL is 104% higher than the standard version in the L1 condition.
- Linear guide and belt are housed in a high strength aluminium beam fitted with a flush metal cover strip, beam lengths up to 6m as standard longer units can be constructed by joining
- Metal cover strip runs the entire length of the beam and prevents the ingress of dirt and debris into the system
- SBD is offered in a standard version and a clean room compatible version
- Belt tensioning is set at manufacture but should adjustments be required it is a quick and simple process through tensioning screws externally located at the idle end box
- Drive End box is available with either an output shaft, or a bored drive pulley where greater mounting compactness is required
- The mounting carriage plate is removable for customising and incorporates an integral switch cam, which can be mounted for left or right hand switching
- Clean room versions are certified by the Fraunhöfer Inst for clean room compatibility
- Caged and silent range combines both higher loads with quiet and smooth movement
- Uses Caged and Silent type re-circulating linear ball guides