LMI Linear Measuring Indicator
The HepcoMotion (LMI) Linear Measuring Indicator offers the user a simple, compact and precise easy-to-install length measuring system, delivering consistent performance. Best results are achieved when the magnetic sensor is guided parallel to the tape. The HepcoMotion GV3 linear guide is best suited for this purpose. The LMI sensor can easily be mounted to the underside of a standard GV3 carriage, with the tape attached to a suitable support.
See literature section for Product Overview Leaflet and Operation Manual, which covers installation/technical/operation details
With non-contact between the sensor head and tape the LMI measurement system has no wearing parts and offers long trouble-free life.
Predominately LMI is a linear measuring indicator devise, which has applications in a whole host of machine building, pick and place and system automation applications. However, due to the highly flexible tape the LMI system can be used very successfully on cylindrical surfaces in applications such as turntables where angular measurement is required.
In rotary applications the LMI system can be used very successfully in conjunction with HepcoMotion PRT2 and HDRT ring based products. (See Rotary & Continuous Motion products)
- Non contact - no wear/long life
- Match with HepcoMotion GV3/SL2 guide for optimum performance
- GV3 carriage locking system offers positive locking for consistent length control
- Works well in clean or hostile environments
- Battery operated, no wiring – no electrical hazard
- Position Indicator has two mounting options – bracket or in panel
- Can display measurement in mm, metres, inches or degrees
- Incremental or absolute mode
- Bright easy - to- read 7 digit LCD display with 4 button easy to use touch pad